Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ok, well I've had this for awhile, but just never wrote anything. I'm still not sure what my focus is going to be, or if there is even going to be one. Today I think I will just ramble.

I love fall. I love the colors, the weather, the activities, etc. Unfortunately, here in Mississippi we don't get a lot of it! Today is cloudy, it will probably rain. We have had an inordinate amount of rain here for the last month or so. I am so tired of rain! Rain aside, it is still in the 70s and lower 80s here....and humid. We don't get a lot of fall color because of that, I assume, so our leaves mostly go from green straight to brown.

However, none of this keeps me from putting out pumpkins and mums!! I followed the crowd this year and added some white pumpkins. They are so pretty! I am going to carve my initial into one of them. Well, not really carve....scrape, I guess. You know, where you don't cut through the pumpkin, but really just scrape off the outer skin. I saw it in a magazine and it was really pretty...think I am gonna display it in my small birdbath, along with some fake fall leaves and some very real and colorful mums. I will put up a picture when I get it done. We don't carve them too early here because they mold, rot, cave in, etc. because it is still so warm.

I have painted several ceramic pumpkins this year. I even did one of them white and painted the inside orange and put a bulb in it. It is soooo cute. I'll get a picture of it on here too.

Well, I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to dress up this site now. I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment